Beautiful gingerbread creations are decorated, donated, and displayed in Gingerbread Village. These items are sold by silent auction on Opening Night of Festival of Trees: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, and throughout Festival week, November 28 - December 1, 2012. One hundred percent of all funds raised will help children at Primary Children's Medical Center.
If you are interested in decorating and donating a gingerbread creation to the Festival of Trees, the following policies and procedures will assist you in making your decision:
Registering Your Gingerbread
- Gingerbread registrations must be submitted by November 15, 2012
- Your space will be guaranteed only if your registration forms are returned by November 15. After November 15, registrations will be accepted as space is available.
- Remember to specify the size of your gingerbread creation to reserve an appropriate amount of space.
- Upon submission of your online registration, you will receive a confirmation by email. If you do not receive a confirmation, contact Shauna Davis, 801.590.8228, or email her at email@example.com.
- If you are unable to fulfill this commitment, please notify Shauna Davis so all reserved spaces can be utilized.
Attend Decorator's Workshop: Saturday, October 13, 10:00 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. (Open House)
- Have at least one representative attend this workshop at Primary Children's Medical Center, multipurpose room (third floor).
- See demonstrations for wiring, lighting, decorating tips, helpful hints, and information.
Gingerbread Construction Requirements
- The base size can be from 15"x15" to no larger than 30 x 30 inches. Height cannot be taller than 36 inches. Weight cannot be more than 50 lbs.
- Build your house as sturdy as possible. Purchaser will pick up Gingerbread Houses. Please be considerate of height and weight.
- Place borders or fence at least 1 inch from the edge of the base.
- Use a wooden board as a base. Remember, the base must be able to fit into a car and through the doorway of a house or business.
- Materials: Use gingerbread for your main structure. Colorful candies and icing will make your creation look festive and will catch the buyer's eye. You can also use decorative items such as tree branches, mirrors, toy people and animals, etc.
- No water devices are allowed.
- Lights: Your gingerbread creation can be wired for lights. Lights look very nice and will make your creation attractive. Please furnish an extension cord to go with your entry. Remember: Lights are on 24 hours-a-day at the Festival and can melt chocolate and icing.
- Name Your Display: Please give your gingerbread creation a name (limited to 22 characters, including spaces.) A sign will be printed with the name of your creation, along with the names of the donor, decorator, and buyer. It will be displayed next to your entry throughout Festival week. Accuracy is essential.
- All creations become the property of the Festival of Trees upon completion and will be priced and sold as such.
Decorating Day, Monday, November 26, 2012
- South Towne Expo Center will open at 7:00 a.m.
- First thing: Check in at the Gingerbread Village registration table to review your sign and receive other information.
- Your gingerbread MUST be completed by 7:00 p.m.
- Keep a record of expenses and save receipts for your tax purposes. On Decorating Day, you will be asked at checkout for your itemized expense list to help determine the fair market value of your creation. (This form is included online as part of your printed materials.) To receive a tax receipt from the Festival of Trees, bring all receipts for purchased items associated with your display.
- Come Prepared. Bring supplies you might need to touch up, repair, or complete your display.
- Do NOT remove chairs from South Towne chair racks.
- Leave children home. Due to security and safety issues, we recommend children be left at home.
- At check out, upon completion of your creation, you will receive one Opening Night invitation for Tuesday, November 27, 2012, at 8:00 p.m., OR two thank you tickets to the Festival to be used any day Wednesday through Saturday, November 28 - December 1, 2012.
- Each Opening Night invitation will admit two adults.
- Babies and children under the age of 16 will NOT be admitted on Opening Night.
- After Decorating Day, Opening Night tickets cannot be exchanged for admittance into the Festival later in the week.
- If you wish to attend the 5:00 p.m. bidding portion of Opening Night, you must purchase a bid number by calling Primary Children's Medical Center Foundation, 801.662.5966.
Upon completion, all creations become the property of Festival of Trees.
For more information, contact:
5312 Castlecreek Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84117